Speech Dispatcher bugfixes, request for help with testing

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Jun 4 06:36:48 EDT 2007

Hello,
I don't know if this is known about and whether it is part of the
problem with occasional crashes of speech-dispatcher, but I have found
once speech-dispatcher was crashing on me fairly soon after the initial
start (seemed to be the initial start after booting only, not when it
was started again after that first crash), and when I turned debugging
in speechd.conf to 5 and viewed the log file, it seemed to be that the
espeak generic module had returned wrong number of bytes (unfortunately
I had not set debugging in espeak-generic.conf). That was using
speech-dispatcher 0.6.1, and I haven't noticed this since moving to
0.6.2, was this problem solved, or could it still be a potential
problem? I ask this as (typically) when I set debugging on (using
0.6.1), it took some time before I actually got a crash.

From
Michael Whapples