DECpc is silent

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Jun 3 17:15:13 EDT 2007

I have installed a DEC PC card in a Celeron system running Slackware
11.0 and kernel 2.4.33.3.  I have recompiled the kernel to include the
decpc module as well as to make it more specific for the Celeron CPU.
I downloaded the dtload.tgz package and installed it.  Without dtload,
modprobe reported the decpc address as 0x250, so I changed the address
in the dec_pc.conf file to match this value.  Running 'dtload -v'
indicates that the card is found and that the software is loaded into
it.  Running 'modprobe speakup_decpc' produces no errors, and
/proc/speakup/synth_name contains the name decpc as expected.  No
matter what volume setting I put in /proc/speakup/vol, the DECpc card
remains silent.

Any suggestions which might help me get this card talking would be
appreciated.  Thanks, and have a great day.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
...passing through The City of Internet at the speed of light...
COSEC (x) / SEC (x) = (COTAN (x) / TAN (x)) ^ 2