OT: more lines per screen

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 31 18:43:53 EDT 2007

It goes in /boot/grub/grub.conf. Here's an excerpt from that
file on my .laptop. Notice the two lines that are commented. These allow
the Ctrl-G in the title line to beep the speaker, which lets me know I
have my 20 seconds to do something special. Pressing enter simply
executes the commands below the title line. Note also that the kernel
line is all on one line, though it's undoubtedly split in this email.

default=0
timeout=20
#splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
#hiddenmenu
title ^GFedora (2.6.21-1.3228.fc7spk)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7spk ro root=LABEL=/
#vga=0x318 speakup_synth=sftsyn
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7spk.img