Speakup Install options?

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:26:23 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    Okay, I guess we've pretty much established that a PCI serial adapter won't work, contrary to what I heard from the hardware guy I talked to.  Hm.  What're the odds that my motherboard has a serial port inbuilt into it?  I've had this computer for a couple years.  Windows isn't saying anything about a COM port.
    Aside from that, are there any known options for serial communication which have been tried out and work?  If so, what, and if not, what else can I try?
Thanks much,
Zack.