Wireless internet

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 27 09:34:28 EDT 2007

Another thought -- My apologies for pressing send to quickly --

Is this one of those devices for which you need to obtain and compile
firmware separately? I believe the 3945 is pretty common, but I don't
know whether the entire stack has been released in a sufficiently open
license so that Fedora can just include the complete driver.

My recent experience is with the Intel 2100 and more recently the 2200.
Most recently, these are just handled by Fedora. But, until about a year
ago I got only a wrapper from Fedora, and had to get the rest from code
released by Intel on Source Forge. Try going to google.com/linux and
putting something like "Intel 3945 Fedora' in the search.

Janina