I was wondering if there is a website where I could purchase a disk

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 13:27:59 EDT 2007

Charlie, I'm presently using the Fedora 7 version of linux that is modified for use with speakup.  You can find it at

http://www.speakupmodified.org

There's good documentation on the site for installing and updating the software.  There are a couple of points during installation when you might rather be drinking molten lead than bothering with Fedora, but you can survive the journey and come out of it with a good system.

I doubt there's a general rule as to whether Linux or Windows is the easier operating system to learn.  I've taken a long time to learn what I know, which is little enough, but others seem to have trucked along with all deliberate speed.  I think it's correct to say that there are agreat many more variants of Linux than of Windows, and, predictably, some are easier to learn than others.

I hope this helps some.

Al