speechd-up debian package

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 22 15:56:20 EDT 2007

I've posted a debian package for speechd-up to my web space at the
University  of Wisconsin Math Department. I tested the following
instructions on a fresh install of debian etch. After following the
instructions below, your PC should start talking:

1. Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/debian/ ./

2. Run the following commands (you will have to be root to do this):

# apt-get update
# apt-get install flite speechd-up

Notes:
1. apt-get will warn that the speechd-up package cannot be authenticated.
Enter 'y' to the question asking if you want to continue without
verification.
2. Speech-dispatcher is installed as a dependency.