gentoo drops speakup

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 16 18:11:33 EDT 2007

From: "Kirk Reiser" <kirk at braille.uwo.ca>
> Hey yeah, if we can get some funds to actually pay coders that would
> be nice.  If we could get some volunteers to help out with a lot of
> the various speakup projects that would be nicer.

I'm kind of surprised to hear that. I mean, i can understand that you need
volunteers but would  that actually be better than finding a way to get
money allocated for getting the speakup kernel code straightened out? If so
that's good because we ought to be able to drum up some volunteers. The
other problem might not be solvable short of cloning you.

Kirk, I know you're busy and I hate to ask but do you think you could give a
brief status report? Is speakup ever going to be in the main kernel source
tree? Of course, I understand these things take time but I was just
wondering if there is a problem.