Espeak compile error

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 13:20:46 EDT 2007

On 16 Jul, Georgina Joyce <gena-j at bulldoghome.com> wrote:

> I haven't followed the previous posts on building espeak therefore,
> may have missed something but I can't build the 15 July 2007 SVN
> repository:  Nor can I work out what is going on, any ideas?

> wavegen.cpp:(.text+0x20a5): undefined reference to `Pa_StreamActive'

It's trying to link to function Pa_StreamActive(), which is in the
portaudio sound interface library.

Probably either
1.  You don't have the portaudio library installed, (and linked to from
/usr/lib/libportaudio.so).

or
2.  You have portaudio V19 installed, but you're compiling eSpeak to
use portaudio V18.  To change this, copy portaudio19.h to portaudio.h.