New Debian installation and confused.

Dan Murphy thedanmint551 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 16 04:50:46 EDT 2007

thanks.  Alt+ctrl+f1 got me back to text mode but I think the default
runlevel is already 2.
I think the reason I choose a pre-selected option like standard system is
that coming from Slackware, the last time I played with Debian, I didn't
know what I needed to install half the time and thought I might be able to
save some time.
Now I have to look at inittab again, but I'm fairly sure it said 2.