Using software synths with orca

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sat Jul 14 20:10:28 EDT 2007

Hi

Well, I've got orca working quite well on a Fedora 7 installation using festival.  I can't remember what the list's feelings were on what synths work well with orca?

It appears that Fedora doesn't include espeak but being a lfs geek, building it from source isn't a problem.  Would it be worth building espeak for orca?

I also have a Dectalk licence.  What version of Dectalk works most efficiently with orca?

I'd like to hear what others feel about the different synths with orca in respect of their stability and responsiveness.  Many thanks.

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk