Care For A Little Moonshine?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 13 16:26:35 EDT 2007

Hi Again, Gina:

If you want a talking install you have to get the iso image from us. It
is indeed the case that the boot needs to match the installation image.

However, if you have two machines, you can have a talking install over
telnet and the Fedora you end up installing will talk once installed.

So, the easiest thing is probably to set up for a telnet install using
the media you already have. If the machine you're installing on supports
booting from a usb stick, that would be your most accessible route,
because you can provide the necessary data via the syslinux.cfg on the
stick. Else, it's a bit of a guessing game about when you're at the
arrow down, press TAB followed by space" part.

But, if you only have one machine then you do need our iso image. There
was effort at one point to get the basic install onto the first cd rom
iso image, but I don't know whether that was a success or not. I think
it may be the case, but I don't know for sure yet.

Janina