Speak freely problem

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Wed Jul 11 12:52:14 EDT 2007

Hi

I do have the linear option compiled.

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca [mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca] On Behalf Of Gene Collins
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:29 PM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: Speak freely problem

Hey Gena.  I'm using speak freely with a 2.6.21.3 version of the kernel,
and alsa 2.14.0.  It could be a udev problem, or it could be a couple of
other things.  Did you remember to run the snddevices script that comes
with the drivers source as root?  Have you tried including the
-dNEED_LINEAR option in the makefile?  Just a couple of thoughts.  Hury
up and fix it, we miss picking on you and Mike on the reflecter.

Gene