Speak freely problem

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Wed Jul 11 08:24:48 EDT 2007

Hi

For ages now I haven't been able to get speak freely to work on a number of installations.  I wondered how I could get more information?  I get an error similar to :  sfmike cannot initialise audio.  So how can I establish what's going on?  Is there a log I haven't found?  Can I use a switch that'll give debugging messages on standard out?

As anyone got speak freely to work on a system using udev?  Is that my problem?  Or as anyone successfully compiled speak freely to use alsa?

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated, as I'm just itching to bug those guys on the speak freely reflector!  <giggles>

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk