Some Questions About Linux And SpeakUp

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Jul 8 14:30:06 EDT 2007

I have used the free vmware server at www.vmware.com, I just mentioned
that there may be others as some people prefer to use open source
software (as you have greater rights with open source software).

If you use vmware, I think most of it is quite self explanatrary,
download the windows version (I assume you will want to run this under
windows) install, load vmware, create a new hardware configuration (not
quite sure from memory what vmware calls this), choose the configuration
options you want from the screens that come up, modify and add extra
hardware if you want it (things like USB ports, serial ports, audio,
etc), make sure that configuration boots from CD , insert CD and then
get vmware to start the virtual machine and continue as if you were
running Linux directly on the computer (you may need to tell vmware to
grab keyboard input, I think it is ctrl+shift+g). Sorry those aren't
very specific, but I am doing this by memory, and I think the menu items
are enough (let us know if you have trouble and hopefully someone will
know the specific answer).

From
Michael Whapples