Some Questions About Linux And SpeakUp

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Jul 8 12:59:42 EDT 2007

I forgot to mention, the free vmware server (that's fine for trying out
Linux distros) can be downloaded at www.vmware.com, you will need to
complete the online form for a free registration key. There may be other
virtual machine software which may be open source, but I am not sure of
which of them work on windows.

As I may have indicated, Linux allows you all this choice, that's why
some apps may seem uneeded, other than speakup, there is also yasr,
screader, and emacspeak can all be used in the text console for screen
reading, but they all work in different ways and so you may find one is
better for different tasks, so you may choose to have them all installed
and use the one best for the task you are doing at the time. The term
"free" extends beyond the money meaning normally when using Linux.

From
Michael Whapples