in case this helps anybody

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Wed Jan 31 12:12:57 EST 2007

> How do you install from the DVD with GRML's assistance?

While running GRML from the live CD, I first do

mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3

which already has the ext3 file system.

I then do

mkdir tmp

go inside tmp and do

mkdir hdimage

This is where I download the DVD image.  The installer seems to require this directory, unless I'm doing something wrong.

With the download completed and check via sha1sum, I unmount the partition and reboot with the FC6 rescue CD.  After the CD spins for a few seconds, I type

text askmethod speakup_synth=ltlk

and go from there.  I choose custom layout for partitioning to give partitions the mount points I want for them, and sometimes reformat the boot and root ones.  (I'm installing from the home one, and the installer has the brains not to ask about reformatting it.) I get a few more questions, then that bad boy rocks and rolls, and I finish with the steps that ensure I'll get speech on the reboot.

If that's not enough info, please let me know.

Al