Speech Dispatcher and Cepstral

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Wed Jan 31 10:10:34 EST 2007

Steve Holmes napsal(a):
> I use the spd-say command, it always respects the proper voice selection using the
> DEFAULTVOICE option from speechd.conf and the modules file.  So I
> thought maybe there's a problem with speechd-up but I get the same
> problem when trying speechd-el for emacs so that would leave out
> speechd-up.

There is still a chance, that both speechd-up and speechd-el perform
default voice selection according to their own setup and ignore Speech
Dispatcher's default voice.

You can verify that if you turn on "protocol" logging in your Speech
Dispatcher configuration (CustomLogFile "protocol" "/var/log/...").

In speechd-el the default voice can be customized.  I'm not sure for
speechd-up.

Best regards, Tomas.