Speakup on Alpha

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Wed Jan 24 22:50:53 EST 2007

Hi,

Going to be installing Debian on an Alpha pws500au at some point in the
near future, and hope to eventually get speakup up and running on it.  I
remember seeing a while back that someone had gotten this to work, but I
couldn't find if there was any special modifications that have to be
made to speakup itself.  Also, what would be the best way to do the
installer? I recall from prior experience that debian was a little
dificult to get an install going over serial console, I would specify
the console= option at boot and output on my atached terminal would stop
right before the installer would start.  I also want to get an i386
install of debian done to refresh my memory about the distro, what's the
best way to do this with speakup these days? I looked in the
installer-i386 directory for debian-testing and there doesn't seem to be
the access/ directory that used to exist with speakup bootfloppies on
it.  Is there somewhere else to look for a bootcd or floppies with
speakup on them?

thanks.

--
Never make any mistaeks.
	-- Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report