Ubuntu problems.

Anthony Creapeau creapeaa at msoe.edu
Tue Jan 23 00:24:12 EST 2007

I've made further advances in getting speak up to work. I now have a talking
software synth. Here is my next problem; My Ubuntu boots into the gui fine
but when I ctrl-alt F1 for a console window I have raw binary overlapping
the terminal window. My other professor said that speak up is not installed
and the console is using Orca for speech output which is causing the
overlapping problem. Could someone please send me some step-by-step
instructions or at least give me a link that can explain this to an idiot?
All I want to do is learn Linux!