Errors While Making Espeak

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 22 17:54:03 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:45:47PM +0000, Jonathan Duddington wrote:
> > do a 'make', I get the error that visibility=hidden is not a
> > recognized option.
>
> An error or a warning?

This was an error which stopped make in its tracks.

> No, the problem is that it's newer than your compiler.

Interesting; Slackware is using gcc 3.3.6 with their most recent
release.  I guess theres a gcc 4 out there? Well, I'm glad this will
work for the time being.  I will shortly have Slackware packages for
Espeak, speech-dispatcher, and speechd-up as well as portaudio V19
available for those interested.  More later.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!