Errors While Making Espeak

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 22 16:25:49 EST 2007

I just downloaded espeak 1.18 and copied portaudio19.h to portaudio.h to
build espeak with compatibility with portaudio V19.  I already built
portaudio as a Slackware package and installed it.  Now, when I do a
'make', I get the error that visibility=hidden is not a recognized
option.  Is this now obsolete or something? I looked it up in the GCC
manual but it appears there to be used inside headers or something.  I
just took it out of the Makefile and it seems to compile fine.  I
haven't tested it yet because I'm not home right now.  I did this all
over an ssh link from work:).

Oh, I'm using gcc 3.3.6 right now; anybody know anything about this?

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!