ESpeak speech synthesizer dies continuesly with Speakup latest version...

keithint38 at commspeed.net keithint38 at commspeed.net
Mon Jan 22 10:27:27 EST 2007

Hello, I am running a Gentoo Linux AMD sixty four bit server with kernel
two point six point one nine kernel, SMP enabled, suspend-to-disk enabled,
Advanced power management enabled, runs quite nicely.
That is, it runs fine untill I use ESpeak as a speech-synthesizer with
Speakup.

In general, I've noticed that the ESpeak synthesizer will dye if I
rappidly type something into the machine. For example:
Ifconfig Eth0 192.1.. and suddenly, the ESpeak Executable will stop
responding. I have attempted using Speech-Dispatcher and Speechd-up at
nice -20, but have also experienced this crash of the ESpeak executable
directly. Speech-Dispatcher and Speechd-up are no longer the causeof this
problem.
It is the ESpeak executable, any suggestions? I do not know why it simply
dies. Regards, --Keith