Speakup Installation Question

Adam MacLeod adam at adamm.ca
Wed Jan 17 09:28:07 EST 2007

Dear List:
I have an installation question regarding Speakup 2.0 in Fedora Core 6.
We have a laptop that already has FC6 installed on it, and no one in our group has kernel compilation experience. I've read that Speakup has become modular, so I am wondering, is there a way to run or install Speakup as a kernel module without having to download the modified CDs and doing a reinstall, or compiling a new kernel?
If this is possible, how would one go about doing such a thing?

Regards:
Adam MacLeod
adam at adamm.ca