basic gentoo question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Jan 13 14:17:23 EST 2007

I tried something and found out with the DIGESTS file in the same
directory as the iso, typing: md5sum -c livecd*.DIGESTS will check the
md5sum and sha1sum -c livecd*.DIGESTS will do a check on the sha1sum for
you. Once I got the gentoo public key I did all three verifications and
found out the iso is good.  Then I read some install documentation that
needs to have the livecd burnt raw.  After that I started making coasters.
The instructions were for cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc /home/jude/livecd<tab>.iso
in the documentation. What that does now with wodim and cdrecord is tao
mode not raw.  So I tried cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc --raw --eject
/home/jude/livecd<tab>.iso and got no better results.  At this point I've
hit a wall inside a maze with twisty little passages all alike.