Linux Class

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 10 16:30:32 EST 2007

Dawes, Stephen wrote:
> Well Kathy,
>
> The simplest solution, answer to your question, is to find out what
> distribution of Linux the college is using, and then see if there is a
> speakup modified version of it available. If there is, then all you need
> to do is get the speakup modified version installed for you to use.

... or you could suggest to the course organisers that they switch to a
version of Linux that supports speakup. I think that is a reasonable
request and it may even be a legal requirement.

I would of course recommend Ubuntu which supports speakup in the default
kernel, but I guess Fedora is more similar to Suse, being RPM-based.

Henrik