your mail

tony seth lp800 at myfreedombox.com
Wed Jan 3 12:49:05 EST 2007

Hi there, I know it's kind of late, but I gotta jump in here as I've
had a similar problem involving a thinkpad.  If you checked the serial
port settings in windows, they may show up, but in fact it may be off
in the bios.  You'll need sighted assistance to double check that its
is enabled, but usually it isn't by default as I found out a few days
ago.  While on the subject, you may also want to take a gander at grml,
it's very accessible right from the upstart and you can have software
speech up in no time.
hth...
Cheereo

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info