debian kernel for speakup

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Tue Jan 2 19:51:37 EST 2007

Hi, I am running version 2.6.18 kernel for speakup debian linux.  It would
be nice if when a new major version of the kernel is released that a new
speakup version of the kernel is created.  Beter yet, it would be even a
lot easier of debian developers to just include speakup the latest cvs
version in the debian distribution.  Do you think someone could release a
new 2.6.19 version of the kernel for debian and remove the old version
from the archives?  I think if debian is to be made truely accessible
those of us who use it need to write debian and ask that speakup be
included into the main distributions.  That would make installing debian
and upgrading versions lots more easier then needing to wait for new
kernels to be developed.