winamp

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Feb 27 10:03:59 EST 2007

Firstly, do you want it for text console or gnome? in gnome there are
players such as gxine (ubuntu has this in its repositries), totem movie
player, etc (RealPlayer 10 is accessible to a level in gnome, if you
want that). In the text console, there is mplayer, trplayer (a text
front end for realplayer 8), cplay.

Depends what you want from the player, for which is most appropiate.
Mplayer has plenty of codecs (and probably allows playing nearly any
format), but it has so many options that it can be complex to get
started with or for basic use. Cplay is more basic, but simpler for
navigating through lists of tracks.

From
Michael Whappoles