ot: mta problems with both exim and postfix

josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org
Tue Feb 27 15:54:57 EST 2007

Hi folks,
Maybe some of you mail gurus can help out here.  Here is an example of
erors we get when trying to send mail with either postfix or exim, but not
sendmail.
Feb 27 14:46:23 visual-enhancements exim[27748]: 2007-02-27 14:46:23
1HM8HG-0007DX-T1 ** josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org R=send_to_smart_host
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host
smtp.earthlink.net [209.86.93.201]: 550 Syntax error in 'From' header:
domain missing or malformed: failing address is: josh@

Whether we use a smarthost or not makes no difference, neither does adding
a field to qualify the domain part of a fqdn.  Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
josh