Editors?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Feb 27 11:08:48 EST 2007

I like emacs and vim.  They each seem to have their places; I like emacs
for its advanced programmer modes with auto indent, ChangeLog updates
and stuff but vim is fast and I find it really quick for things like
editting e-mail messages with mutt and the like.  Vim wraps text while
in input mode but I think I prefer emacs's word wrapping a bit betterand
with emacs there's no mixing up input and command modes but then again
with vim's command mode, you can do some pretty good mass operations
with small number of keystrokes.  I have discovered in recent time that
vim does have a lot more advanced features than I had previously known.
So they are probably pretty competetive now.

It's real easy to get into "editor wars" but so far, I'm just expressing
my personal view and what I like3 in editors that I personally use.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:43:03AM -0500, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/