Speakup Digest, Vol 41, Issue 47

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Mon Feb 26 11:19:36 EST 2007

Hi, Doug!

I've tried repeatedly to use swspeak, but so far have failed.  My speakers apparently are connected, and their volume high enough that I should hear them if they're getting anything.  Under Fedora, Kudzu seems to find my sound card, though it, too, seems unable to give me software speech output when I try to run Emacspeak.  How would I determine whether the grml CD also finds it?  (Ordinarily, I boot that up with my tripletalk usb.)

Any other directions in which you can point me for possible answers?  I once did have software speech (damned lousy though it was), since I used Debian 3.0, I think, for a few months.  I therefore doubt it's a bad card, and figure I must be missing something.

Thanks!

Al