ot: compiling gnome

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 23 19:33:28 EST 2007

Hi All,

Want to play with gnome again, to see what's changed in accessibility
since I last tried it (around 2.6), and give orca a try.  I'm running
all slackware boxes around here, and  now that there's no gnome package
in slackware, I find it hard to get recent versions of gnome.  Does
anyone know of some build system that will give me the latest version of
gnome, thats easy to install? I tried compiling by hand, but I always
seem to run into issues in some package or other.  I also tried garnome,
but it seemed quite bloated to me, and kept failing on unessential
packages.  Basically I just want a basic desktop, I can add apps later
as I need them.

--
Problem solving under Linux has never been the circus that it is under
AIX.