Tools needed to install speech-dispatcher

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Mon Feb 19 12:35:12 EST 2007

Keith Hinton napsal(a):
> Hi,
> When manually installing speech-dispatcher, spisific librarys are missing according to ./configure and the make file process while compiling.
> Can anyone give me a list, of program names that should be installed on the ssystem in general to insure that speech-dispatcher compiles without giving missing library messages?
> Perhaps I'm missing spisific packages. If so, I'll go through the list and try isntalling all packages.

Hello,

The file INSTALL should normally include this information.  However if
you got Speech Dispatcher from CVS lately, you may have a generic
INSTALL file instead of the original INSTALL, which included the
information you need.  If that's your case, just take a look at the
following URL to see the installation instructions:

http://cvs.freebsoft.org/repository/*checkout*/speechd/INSTALL?rev=1.40

Please note that this URL is just a temporary workaround of a current
problem...

Best regards, Tomas.