Regarding Speakup and delayed synthesizer starting

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Sun Feb 18 11:31:00 EST 2007

Hi,
ESpeak is not saying "Software found" when my Gentoo box starts.
Instead, it first says:
"Okay, bringing up eth0 adding routes"
Not sure why?
I would like ESpeak to read as much of the boot-up process as Speakup will allow it to do, as much of the boot-up messages as can be done via any software-synthesizer.
Send me an email with instructions on how Speakup works as far as when Speech comes up, etc, so that I can aulter it.
I want as much of my system's boot up process spoken as possible.
Regards,

--Keith.