Regarding Speech-Dispatcher, Speechd-up, and ESpeak with Speakup.

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Sat Feb 17 17:11:47 EST 2007

Keith Hinton píše v So 17. 02. 2007 v 14:24 -0700:
> I'm more convinced then ever now that speechd-up is what is crashing. I have to keep typing "Speechd-up" to restore communication.
> The question is: Why?
> What exactly was that backtrace about?

Based on Lorenzo's debugging, I think the reason is Speech Dispatcher's
C interface library, which crashes SpeechD-Up. Could you please try with
latest CVS? I've made a tarball to make testing easier. Please beware
that this tarball didn't go through proper pre-release testing and it is
by no means an official release. It is the same code as in latest CVS.

http://www.freebsoft.org/~hanke/speech-dispatcher-beta/speech-dispatcher-0.6.2test2.tar.gz

It might be necessary to recompile your speechd-up against the new
library. Please let me know if it fixes the problem.

I can only repeat this has nothing to do with eSpeak and if you need to
restart speechd-up, it has also nothing to do with Speech Dispatcher
core.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke