trying to insure that all packages are selected for the fedora 6 install

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Feb 12 12:24:04 EST 2007

The package selection screen has changed since the HOWTO.

The first screen lists only three package groups, but if you tab once
you'll come to the "Customize" my selections box. Check that, tab again
to OK and press enter.

That will bring you to a screen with a longer list of package groups.
Simply press and hold in the plus key for a second or two to select them
all. Note there is no longer such a thing as an "Everything" option on
Fedora.

PS: You haven't told us how you got past the boot screen problems you've
been having. Are you telnet from another machine?