hacking attempts

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 10 22:23:19 EST 2007

The firewall-piercing-HOWTO is not long but very educational for anyone
who thinks firewalls are all that's needed to slow down hackers. Since I
have no need to log into this machine from the outside, I edited
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and commented out line 5 that starts out with Port
and then saved my work.  I also downloaded the lcap package nd after
having edited sshd_config I also did a chattr +i /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
That won't stop hackers but may add a few seconds delay for them.