Audio PDA with Speech Synth Pkans

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Wed Feb 7 12:06:01 EST 2007

That is very interesting about espeak on ARM. The only software
speech synth that was bearable to me was IBM TTS which was
really eloquence branded IBM. Is it possible to generate a wav
or mp3 of what it sounds like? Could you possibly send me an
audio sample? I am deeply into hardware at the moment but I'm
interested in knowing how that software synth sounds.

  -- Doug

Jonathan Duddington wrote:
I run eSpeak here on a 200MHz ARM processor and
I measured that it took 51 sec to process some text to
generate 6m 3s of speech output.