Gpl question: OS libraries

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Wed Feb 7 12:01:21 EST 2007

I believe both SAPI and DirectX are bundled into a form
that is redistributable by developers. However, greedy
vendor microsoft has been changing tactics lately so I'm
not sure how long that will continue. Afaik these two are
basically loadable libraries in binary only, the API is
published, the internals are proprietary. You don't even
really own the new vista, and it can only be installed on
one machine. Upgrade your hardware and pay greedy
vendor again ...

  -- Doug