Fwd: Fire Vox now works with the Accessible AJAX test cases!

David Poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Wed Feb 7 08:08:36 EST 2007

This is the only path to firefox accessability on non windows
platforms I know of.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Charles L. Chen" <clc at clcworld.net>
Date: January 26, 2007 8:29:14 AM EST
To: dev-accessibility at lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Fire Vox now works with the Accessible AJAX test cases!

http://firevox.clcworld.net/

News - January 25, 2006

New version of Fire Vox and Utils - Automatic announcements for Live
Regions that are tagged with proper WAI-ARIA markup are now
supported! It is important to note that only Live Regions tagged
according to WAI-ARIA are supported; nearly all current websites that
use AJAX are not yet tagged with WAI-ARIA as this is a very new
standard that is still being developed. I am currently working on
heuristics and techniques for getting untagged web pages to do
something sensible. However, even with these limitations, this
release marks a crucial step towards making AJAX truly accessible.

Currently, the "aaa:live" and "aaa:relevant" properties are supported.

This means that it is now possible to try out the accessible AJAX
test cases that I'm working on and see that something reasonable
happens. http://accessibleajax.clcworld.net/

And yes, I know that I need to add a way for users to browse the
event history as well as have better batching for multiple events. I
am looking into those issues.

-Charles