Speakup on Alpha

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Feb 3 14:21:11 EST 2007

I once had an Alpha AS200 which ran headless with Speakup using the
dummy video driver. As memory serves I installed by booting from floppy
and then accessing the Internet for the remaining packages I needed. My
Alpha was always a Debian machine. I no longer have it, though.

In those days it was necessary to build and install my own kernes to get
Speakup. But, I was able to drive an internal Doubletalk on that box.
Very cool, actually.

Janina