debian distros with speech?

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu Feb 1 19:18:46 EST 2007

Hi.
I believe an Orca package is now available in Debian experimental.
However, you will have a bigger problem running Debian's Gnome.  Debian
is still using Gnome 2.14.  There is a really nasty bug in Gnome 2.14
that causes gnome-pannel to crash when you enable accessibility.  The
solution is to upgrade to Gnome 2.16.  If you don't want to do that, I
believe upgrading all the gtk libs to version 2.10 from 2.8 will fix the
problem.

          Kenny