Speakup's future

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Dec 30 09:23:58 EST 2007

I can't speak for Kirk however here is what I'd recommend.
You need a kernel source tree, git, and to check out the latest speakup bits
and pieces.
You also want a copy of a book called "Writing Linux device drivers" I think
the book is free and the 2nd edition is out possibly a later one.
then I think you get your hands dirty in kernel source; most of the heavy
learning happens trial and error.
There are ways of debugging kernels in gdb, you can probably run them in a
virtual machine also. Not sure how Kirk and co debug their device driver
code.

Regards, Kerry.