Problem Installing Fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Dec 17 18:29:28 EST 2007

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

It sounds like you're doing everything right. Two thoughts:

1.)	Try adding the serial port specification as per the HOWTO. May
as well try, right?

2.)	Verify with someone looking over your shoulder that you're
actually adding text to the command at the right time. Yes, it's really
annoying to have no feedback at this critical juncture, but it is
fortunately the only inaccessible step.

Another thought, if your computer supports it, is to boot from a usb
stick. To do this dd the diskboot.img file in the images/ directory to
your stick. You can then mount and edit the syslinux.cfg to 'default
text' and add the speakup arguments to the text stanza. That way, you
can avoid this inaccessible prompt altogether.

hth

Janina