program to change bios settings with software speech

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:26:00 EST 2007

I don't believe the PC Weasel card is in production any longer. However, I
just put together a new machine with an ASUS M2A-VM  motherboard and  I was
able to get into the bios setup program with my PC Weasel card.

Until now, the PC Weasel hasn't worked with the bios setup programs in any
of the computers I've owned for years. I wasn't even going to bother to try
it but I figured what the heck. I was really surprised when it worked. All I
can figure out is that maybe the bios setup program is smart enough to know
that the VGA card can't go into graphics mode.  Or maybe the bios setup
program is a character based program. I don't know why bios setup programs
have to try to put the display into graphics mode anyway.  That's just dumb.

Anyway, the bios setup program on an Asus  M2A-VM   motherboard will work
with a PC Weasel. Just thought I'd throw this tidbit out there for anyone
who might be helped by it. Maybe if you really need to configure your own
bios, you can buy a PC Weasel card off ebay and get this mobo.