trying to use brltty to install debian etch on mac mini

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Sun Dec 9 21:50:57 EST 2007

The cause of the problem I posted about with brltty on powerpc ubuntu and
debian cds has been found. It apparently has to do with vcsa and the need
to read short ints instead of bytes. Hopefully when this is fixed in
brltty and then the new package of brltty is implemented in a debian
installer, I'll be able to install debian on a powerpc mac mini. Since
debian testing is using brltty 3.9 (rev. unknown) I'm hoping it will not
be too long before I can try a linux install on my ppc machine.

--
Cheryl