Loop Filesystem

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Aug 18 18:19:40 EDT 2007

I used to be able to mount ISO images through the loop device as
follows:
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /home/ste/file.iso /mnt/iso1
But after installing Slackware 12.0 and getting udev fully in force, I
can't mount these any more.  I get an error saying that loop is not a
device.  When I look in /dev, I do not see a loop defined there
either.  What do I need to do in order to get loop working again?
When I looked in the kernel config for both 2.6.16.12, 2.6.20, and my
current 2.6.21.5, the configuration option is set to 'm' for module.

Any ideas on how to restore this functionality? I'm quite green to
udev so there may be lots to learn in there.

Thanks for any help.
--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!