networkless grml install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Aug 16 15:59:46 EDT 2007

When I did the install of grml on a Dell Latitude c-800 laptop I didn't
have it connected to a network.  On install completion and reboot, the
laptop puts out two short high beeps as it starts up.  It could be no
operating system was found.  I tried installing to mbr for boot manager
maybe wrong choice. Earlier I couldn't get up and down arrow keys to work
but last night I held down the capslock and hit the up and down arrows and
speakup did seem to move up and down menu choices.  I didn't figure out
how to get focus onto current selection once one of these choices was
highlighted but the rest appeared to work.  If I come up with no operating
system and no speech tonight, I'll do a reinstall with a live network
connection to see if that will make any useful difference.