Configuring slackware for a wireless device.

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Wed Aug 15 05:21:48 EDT 2007

Dan,

Start by just typing
ifconfig

That will list your network interfaces.
Does it show a wlan0 interface?

If not, try
ifconfig wlan0 up

If you do have wlan0 up then something like
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.102
route add default gw 192.168.0.1

You could also try one of these to get dhcp address
dhclient wlan0
dhcpd wlan0

Other than the basic interface configuration above,
you also need to set the wireless ssid and other related
wifi parameters, check the web for details, there is tons
of info on this.

  -- Doug